Tuesday, October 12, 2010

it's been a while

OK, so it's been 4 months since I've updated this thing.  It happens.   Morgan was changing her layout around so I got excited and did mine, too.  And of course, instead of doing something useful like going to sleep at a reasonable hour, I decided it was time to update this guy.

So here you go, what's been going on in my life since my last post (briefly and through cellphone pictures, since I haven't been keeping up with my goal of using my real cameras more):

I returned to the promised land of beautiful Clinton, Massachusetts (and the greater northeast) for a few weeks shortly after my last post.  It was wonderful and I miss everyone in the northeast more than I like to admit.

Came back to San Diego after vacation.  I built a compost box and resuscitated a small gardening plot in my backyard so I could, well, compost, and grow a lush, beautiful garden.  The composting process has been interesting and I'm really enjoying it.  The gardening, on the other hand, has not quite gotten off the ground yet, so to speak.  (The box is now full of rotting grass clippings, leaves, and food scraps. Yum.)

I've had a lot of visitors in the past few months, which has been great.  And Morgan finally moved out! The following picture was taken when Huddy was out visiting--we went on a Mexican restaurant Happy Hour tour (pretty sure Happy Hour deserves to be capitalized here) in the neighborhood of Old Town, which apparently has a rich local history, too.  We were mostly concerned with cheap food and margaritas.  Oh, and this cock riding a dog, of course.

So beyond general shenanigans and brief flashes of productivity here and there (I passed my first-year exams so I get to stay in school, woo!), I've been making slow progress on my list of goals.  You know--the whole reason I made this blog in the first place.  I updated the list recently by crossing out the things I've accomplished this summer, few and far between as they may be, but to summarize:
  • I learned to drive stick!
  • I've been playing on an outdoor, indoor soccer team! (it's outside and open-air, but it has walls like an indoor court)
  • I got a sexy chair and table and rearranged my room a bit!
  • I began my pickling goal! I've only done one so far, but they're delicious! Nothing fancy this time, just pickled cucumbers:



I think that's it for now; I've got a long way to go if I plan to really make any headway through this list, but I really hope to at least have a good chunk of the things accomplished by the end of the 1001 days, whenever that may be.

<3

1 comment:

  1. If you saw what I saw… Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, robustNrisqué, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Meet me Upstairs. Cya soon...

    ReplyDelete